Russell Bed and Breakfast & Self-Contained accommodation Bay of Islands
Pipiroa Bay Homestay and Garden
Waterfront, purpose-built, bed and breakfast and self-contained accommodation
Stay with us in the beautiful Bay of Islands just six minutes to Russell. Enjoy spectacular sea views from our north facing waterfront property and the vista of our prize winning garden from sunny decks. Watch the sea birds diving and the fish jumping in the bay below. Take a dinghy and catch your own.
Experience quality at the affordable price of NZ$150 per night for two people.
Things to do
In all weathers, in all seasons there is so much to do.
On our property wander the garden and enjoy the mix of subtropical, native and perennial plants, bush paths, bird life and garden art. Sip wine in the gazebo and relax surrounded by the beauty of the bay.
At night enjoy spectacular sunsets, experience the sounds of Kiwi and Morepork, sit with the glow worms, or soak in the spa under the stars.
Enjoy a day in the Bay
- Walk around Pipiroa Bay and beyond and explore the area that was once New Zealand's first capital. Take the walking track to Russell. Go for a swim or sit and watch the boats go by.
- Kayaks and mountain bikes are available and triathlon circuits to suit your interest and fitness are our speciality.
- Sailing and fishing are also available by arrangement.
- Explore the islands by ferry, old-fashioned sailing ship, jet boat, fishing boat or scuba.
- Explore historic Russell, Paihia, and Waitangi where the Treaty was signed between the British crown and the Maori in 1840.
Your Kiwi hosts Paula and Gary
We were school teachers in another life, are well-travelled, and now enjoy meeting people and entertaining. We are available to help you plan your visit and tackle some of the activity options offered in the Bay of Islands. We have camped, tramped, fished, kayaked, sailed, dived, snorkeled, and swum in many parts of this beautiful environment, since coming to Russell on our honeymoon, so have a good knowledge of places to go and things to see and do. Our passions are water activities, the garden, keeping active, the family, and Paula produces fabric and garden art.
Bed and Breakfast suite
- queen bed with ensuite
- conservatory adjoining the bedroom
- access to spacious deck with superb sea view
- delicious breakfast
- tea and coffee making facilities
- Freeview TV, WiFi, clock radio
- access to laundry facilities
- dinner on request
"Thank you for making our stay so special. We really enjoyed ourselves..."
Bude, Cornwall, UK
"Many thanks Paula and Gary for our five beautiful days in the Bay of Islands. Pipiroa Bay Homestay is the way a bed and breakfast should be!"
- queen bed and singles
- warm, sunny and spacious
- full kitchen facilities
- own laundry
- sleeps four (plus studio room sleeps two)
- Freeview TV, DVD player, WiFi
- spacious, covered deck
- handy to spa pool
- Breakfast available in the apartment at extra cost
NZ $ 150 per night (2 adults) for B & B or
NZ $ 20 for each extra person.
(ask for our off-peak specials!)
Pipiroa Bay Homestay
348 Aucks Road, Okiato Point
RD 1, Russell, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Ph/Fax +64 9 403 8856
Mobile +64 27 295 3640