Explore – Bay of Islands is locally owned and operated tour and cruise company, Explore values quality over quantity.
Explore offers a range of cruises and tours, catering to all types of travellers.
DISCOVER THE BAY – 4hrs
Often regarded as the signature cruise of the Bay of Islands, this trip includes:
– Extensive cruise through 144 islands with informative commentary
– Dolphin viewing (lifetime guarantee)
– Hole in the Rock (Travel through the southern hemisphere’s largest Hole in a rock when conditions permit).
– Extended island stopover to enjoy your Kiwi BBQ lunch, then head off to explore the tracks, rare wildlife, water activities or the bar.
– Seats are limited to allow best photo opportunities and to allow guests relax in comfort.
DOLPHIN DISCOVERY – 4hrs
Join our adventure crew in the search for marine mammals (Dolphins, Whales or Orca) this trip includes:
– Commentary from the crew and captain on the Bay of Islands, while travelling on board our specially designed dolphin viewing catamaran.
– Cruise through the picturesque islands, bays and coves.
– Mask, snorkel and wetsuit are provided.
– Shower available on board.
– Swim with the dolphins when Department of Conservation rules and regulations apply.
HOLE IN THE ROCK EXPERIENCE – 3.5hrs
Best value option to visit the hole in the rock. Experience the time-worn monolith standing guard over the entrance to the Bay of Islands.
The trip includes:
– Returning cruise to the Hole in the Rock, via Otehei Bay.
– Travel through the Hole in the Rock when conditions permit.
– Travel along the Cape Brett Peninsular viewing the Lighthouse and lighthouse keepers original home.
– Commentary while cruising through the islands.
– Travel on board our Power Cat comfortably with reduced numbers to allow the best photo opportunities.
– Enjoy the option of hopping off at Otehei Bay, Urupukapuka Island and returning free on a later ferry or enjoy hopping off at the historic town of Russell and get a free ferry ticket back at a later time.
Dune Rider – 10-11hrs
The most comfortable best value way to see the top of New Zealand (Cape Reinga).
This trip includes:
– Air Conditioned spacious coach.
– Intriguing commentary from your local driver.
– Freshly prepared buffet lunch at New Zealand’s northern most cafe.
– Travel down the Te Paki stream, yes we drive through the stream in our 4×4 coaches.
– Slide down the might Te Paki Sand Dunes
– Drive up or down the famous 90-mile beach with a stop to dip your feet the waters of the west coast
– Keep and eye out for the famous wild horses of the north.
– Visit Kauri Kingdom, take a walk up the stairs carved out inside a 45,000-year-old swamp kauri.
– Check out the talented art gallery at the top of the stairs.
– Cape Reigna lighthouse and the meeting with of the Tasman Sea & Pacific Ocean.
– Option for freshly caught fish n chips at the Mangonui Fish Shop(own expense)
If you’re looking to do a cruise and a Cape Reinga tour visit our website for the twin tour specials and you can save over 20%.